Changes for Net::Z3950 module, version 0.20
19th October 2001
Changes between versions
0.20 (Fri Oct 12 17:12:04 2001):
- Add name() method to the Net::Z3950::Connection class.
- Add the wherewithal for asynchronous operations to invoke
callbacks when they complete
- Fix staggeringly stupid bug in which the synchronous
search() method would always expect an initResponse, so that
you couldn't call search() twice on one connection.
- Add support for the UNIMARC record syntax (required by Bath)
- Remove the stupid and implemented records() method from the
- Implement CCL qualifiers, specified in "ccl.qual" file.
- Improve diagnostics from APDU assembly.
- Fix a rather silly bug where records, once fetched, were
cached irrespective of their element-set name, so that
record fetched as 'b' and then as 'f' would appear brief.
- Revamp the "samples" directory: all examples now work(!)
- Add ZOOM references to the documentation.
- Minor fixes to documentation, comments, etc.
(This major revision - indicated by the increment of the
first-decimal-place version number - was largely motivated by
the October 2001 ZIG meeting's tutorial,
for which I prepared a simple multiplexing client, and was surprised
at how hard it turned out to be.)