Changes for Net::Z3950 module, version 0.30
19th July 2002
Changes between versions
0.30 (Fri Jul 19 13:55:45 2002):
Today's release is brought to you entirely by Dave Mitchell
who has done an astonishing amount of
really useful work on Net::Z3950. Thanks, Dave!
- Added the present() method and prefetch
option to optimise multiple calls of record() in synchronous
- Made $conn->close() actually clean up and close the
- Fixed memory leak in receive.c, decodeAPDU()
- Added functions to decode Close request/response
- Really do add ability to set custom exception-handler via
die_handler option - I [Mike] did it wrong last
- Changed all print()s to die()s, which can be
caught as exceptions.
- Commented out a debugging warn()
- Added a dummy test target to
yazwrap/Makefile.PL to stop it complaining during
make test [At last! - Mike]
- Removed debug => 5 from watcher creators.
- Updated the synchronous synopsis:
- Replaced use of records() with
record(), since the former is deprecated.
- Added error-checking, so that people who cut-and-paste the
synposis start off with good habits.
- Added $conn->close(), so people know this
doesn't happen automatically.