Changes for Net::Z3950 module, version 0.31
27th November 2002
Changes between versions
0.31 (Wed Nov 27 12:40:50 2002):
- Add command-line options to samples/simple.pl
- Add samples/canonical.pl, the canonical program of
- Change the default element-set names in Manager.pm to be
upper-case F and B rather than f
and b, as specified in
section 3.6.2 (Composition Specification, Comp-spec
of the standard, even though
makes it clear that element-set names should be treated
- Formally deprecate the non-working records() method of
the ResultSet class.
- When a new Connection object can't be made because of
Init being refused (rather than due to a lower-level
error such as ECONNREFUSED), $! is set to
the distinguished value -1.
- Neater code for connection-closing.
- Fake up a diagnostic record (BIB-1 error 3, ``unsupported
search'') for servers which illegally fail to include
diagnostic records in the result of a failed search.
- Added #include "XSUB.h" to the yazwrap
directory's private code, which means it now does The Right
Thing when compiling against a Perl build with the
MULTIPLICITY flag set. This means that we now build and run
cygwin on Windows 2000.
- Add new namedResultSets option, initially true, which
if set false caters for brain-damaged servers by always using
the same result-set name, default, thereby
invalidating previous ResultSet objects.
- Documentation tweaks.